Re: RFC1847 - encrypted as multipart

1995-10-28 14:24:53
Ned,

        thanks.

At 11:46 AM 10/28/95, Ned Freed wrote:
     Just to make sure that I've got the idea and -- more importantly -- a
terse way to describe it, let's see if the following is an acceptable
summary, albeit one that loses much:

Your summary seems fine to me. However, I've learned the hard way that
terminology I think is acceptable may not be acceptable in the security
community. I therefore suggest that you have someone from that side of things

        well, in a strange way I'm not too concerned about security purists.
Most
of the world doesn't understand the usual range of security discussions and
it is specifically a desire to find some usefu, language for the general
population that prompted my offering the highly simplistic language above.

(I believe it even undid encodings in its search...) Any references it found
were promptly stripped of any node-specific information, i.e. node.dumb.com -->

        sheesh.  dumb.com, indeed.

        sigh.

d/

Dave Crocker                                                +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                                fax:  +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.
dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com
Sunnyvale, CA  94086 USA                 http://users.aimnet.com/~dcrocker/
   ***  Email address is changed from the