Re: Two ways of implementing CID: and MID: schemes

1995-11-21 09:23:15
Harald,

What does "UA: Passes the whole multipart/related to the RA" mean?  Two
interpretations:

   1.  Pass the Mul/Rel as a single entity and let the RA parse it.

   2.  Have the UA parse and store the Mul/Rel entities and pass
       their names and headers to the RA.

Did you mean the latter?  It make more sense, allowing the
UA to remove Content-Transfer-Encodings and resolve Mul/Alt and
Msg/Ext-bod.

Best.../Ed

Thanks for the UA->RA->Browser acknoledgement.

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:55:04 +0100