Re: Line Wrapping Question

1996-02-09 08:44:52
I'm posting this in behalf of Alain Fontaine, because his original message
got blocked by one of our loop-detection algorithms.

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 09:28:48 +0100
To: <ietf-822(_at_)list(_dot_)cren(_dot_)net>
From: fontaine(_at_)sri(_dot_)ucl(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be (Alain Fontaine)
Subject: Re: Line Wrapping Question

At 10:22 96/8/02, Ned Freed wrote:
 text -- textual information.  The subtype "plain" in particular
indicates plain
 (unformatted) text.  No special software is required to get the full
meaning of
 the text, aside from support for the indicated character set.

Maybe the confusion comes from the use of 'unformatted'. text/plain is
not unformatted ; on the contrary, it is very rigidly formatted by the
line breaks it contains.

                                                   /AF