Re: Line Wrapping Question

1996-02-09 10:26:49
I'm posting this in behalf of Alain Fontaine, because his original message
got blocked by one of our loop-detection algorithms.

Maybe the confusion comes from the use of 'unformatted'. text/plain is
not unformatted ; on the contrary, it is very rigidly formatted by the
line breaks it contains.

As a matter of fact I noticed this myself late last night. You're absolutely
right -- "unformatted" here means "there are no formatting commands in the
text" and this is easily confused with "this isn't formatted now and needs to
be formatted before it is displayed".

I will change this in the next iteration of the specification and make the
meaning clearer.

                                Ned