Welcome to Mailconnect 1 Discussions

1996-05-12 16:27:20
        This is an official greetings-and-let-the-games-begin note for the
IMC MailConnect 1 discussions.

        I am bcc'ing some of the major mailing lists for folks who have not
yet signed up but who probably should.  Interoperability testing is only as
good as the participants...

        We are planning for a MIME and IMAP interoperability event,

                possibly 13-14 August and
                possibly in San Jose.

        At the least, the discussions need to cover:

1.  Timing of the event.  13-14 August is a straw proposal.  If you have
strong preferences for a different time, please say so to the list.

2.  Location of the event.  We are based in the San Jose area and so our
own preference is obvious.  Perhaps a different venue is to be preferred?
If so, please say so to the list.

3.  MIME testing.  The technical details of testing.  Features and methods.

4.  IMAP testing.  Ditto.

        As the original announcement stated, the intent is to keep this
mailing list active after the event and to have some auto-reply and daemon
processes running on the IMC server, to permit follow-on testing.

        I'll keep this note short, but invite responses from the
participants.  And, of course, invite those not siged up to remedy their
egregious omission before they miss out on any of the good stuf.

d/

Dave Crocker                                              +1 408 246 8253
Internet Mail Consortium                              (f) +1 408 249 6205
127 Segré Place
dcrocker(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Santa Cruz, CA  95060 USA                              http://www.imc.org