Re: Mixing text and graphics with text/enriched and multipart/mixed

1996-05-05 08:40:03
The question was not whether there is a newline after a bodypart or not,
but whether it is legal to assume that a <center> specification in a
text/enriched document has force outside the boundaries of the
text/enriched body part.

To me, the answer is a clear and resounding NO: The MIME strategy is that
bodyparts are independent, unless some bodyparts are specifically
specified to "control" others, such as in multipart/encrypted or
the suggested multipart/related of the MHTML group.

If we say that some portion of attributes set at an arbitrary position
within a bodypart influences the display of the next body parts in a
sequence, correct presentation of bodyparts becomes arbitrarily hard.

This is simply WRONG, no matter how Nathaniel wants to handle body parts
without a terminating NL.

             Harald A