Re:Mixing text and graphics with text/enriched and multipart/mixed

1996-05-03 03:10:42
Well, I can't find the spec, but I found what Nathaniel Borenstein told me:

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: Images within Text
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 12:56:09 -0400 (EDT)

.... it's a design decision in MIME. One of the main reasons why the multipart
boundary is defined to INCLUDE the CRLF that leads into it is precisely to
enable this sort of situation. That is, the CRLF before the boundary is a part
of the boundary, not a part of the preceding part, according to the MIME spec.

        Dr. Martin R. Raskovsky        e-mail:
martin(_at_)atelier(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
        Atelier de Software Ltd.                voice: +44 (1934) 822 983
        Rookery Farm, Puxton                      fax: +44 (1934) 820 209
        Avon, BS24. 6TL. England            url: http://www.atelier.co.uk