Re: Innosoft interoperability

1997-08-04 16:52:36
This is entirely inappropriate for this group,

Then Bart shouldn't have brought it up.

He's the one pretending that your naive subaddressing ``standard'' will
settle the last internal interface design issue in Internet mailers and
usher in a new age of MUA-MSA-MTA-MDA interchangeability. (And, oh yes,
we'll all be using Windows 95.)

In the real world, Innosoft's version of pine doesn't even work with two
versions of Innosoft's MTA, because---by Ned Freed's own words---the
Innosoft people ``routinely change all sorts of interfaces and data
structures during the development of new releases of the product.''

Dan has taken a quote out of context and posted misleading information.

What did I say that was misleading? I clearly identified my correct
presumption that the MUA was a modified version of pine: ``presumably
this is the famous Innosoft pine-with-subaddresses.'' (You subsequently
admitted that you were wrong about the ``subaddresses'' part.)

Pine *is not* Innosoft's MUA.

Pay attention. All of us---the user, Ned Freed, me---are referring to
the ``pine'' program supplied and maintained by Innosoft.

The user asked whether Innosoft's latest pine program worked with
Innosoft's PMDF 5.0-6 program. The answer is no.

---Dan
Set up a new mailing list in a single command. http://pobox.com/~djb/ezmlm.html