Re: draft-gellens-format-00.txt

1998-10-07 11:53:45
At 5:49 PM +0100 10/6/98, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

(1) It is unclear whether the last line of a paragraph has a space at the
end or not.

Assuming you have empty lines between your paragraphs, all lines except the empty one would have the trailing single space. I will clarify this in the next version.

(2) I think you need to do something about the Usenet sig separator string.
The simplest option is probably to declare it as a special case when the
first line of a flowing paragraph.

Yes, I agree. At first I thought it wasn't worth the complexity of special-casing it, but I've been convinced otherwise.