Funny disruption of subject lines

1999-03-03 04:34:51
I have noted that in some cases, the Subject line is split in funny ways.

For example, in a long message exchange with another person,
who has the following header in his message:
and where I have been using Eudora 4.0,

the Subject line started out like this (I have translated from
Swedish to English):

Subject: Speaker in the ending of Febr. or beginning of March 99??

But the Subject in the latest messages look like this:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Speaker in the end
        ing of          febr.    or be          ginning         of March 99
        ??

The cause of the problem seems to be that some mailer has
split the subject into separate lines at arbitrary points,
probably because of the successive adding of "Re:" and then
merged them again, replacing the line breaks with tabs.
Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)