RE: Funny disruption of subject lines

1999-03-11 19:56:46
> The general rule is that wherever this standard allows for folding
> white space (not simply WSP characters), a CRLF may be inserted
> before any WSP.

In this sense, the CRLF is the *only* thing that is "inserted" when
you are folding, and is the only thing that is "removed" when you are
unfolding.

And that's how we're implementing it in light of 822bis. But while this may be
how we want it to be, it is far from being how things currently work.
Applications which depend on preservation of whitespace in headers don't
work very well in the real world.

                                Ned