Re: Folding and whitespace in Mime parameters

2000-09-06 09:37:40
At 9:07 AM +0000 9/6/00, Charles Lindsey wrote:
My understanding is that the full syntax should be:
        ...[CFWS];[CFWS]attribute[CFWS]=[CFWS]value[CFWS]
and I base that on the assumption that a token is an atom, and can
therefore have [CFWS] either side of it. Certainly quoted-string can have
[CFWS] either side according to DRUMS.

Is that correct? If not, why not?

It may be technically correct, but I propose that years of interoperability testing have shown that comments cause problems. Are the possible small value of comments worth the hassle? If you are starting from scratch, you might consider substituting [FWS] for [CFWS] everywhere above.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium