Re: The <cid: ...> URL - who implements it?

2001-02-02 06:18:21
At 10:34 02/02/2001 +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:
RFC 2046 make provision for a Content-ID header in the parts of a
multipart. RFC 2111 make provision for a <cid: ... > URL, which is
apparently intended to allow one part of a multipart to include a
reference to another part.

So my question is: What systems, if any, currently support it, and exactly
how is it intended to be used?

the original reason for specifying the cid: URL was for use within the context of HTML messages, where a "pointer to attached picture" functionality was needed.

I do not know if this is actually used by current HTML senders; I am sure there are people who can send some stuff in Outlook with pictures and look at the generated HTML....

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
+47 41 44 29 94