Re: Status of UTF-8 headers?

2001-04-29 15:48:38
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

I can't imagine that we should try to do anything regarding utf-8 in
message headers until the IDN work is finalized.

Thanks for the pointer; that had been mentioned earlier on USEFOR as well
but I for some reason didn't think through the connection.  Yes, that
makes sense.

Hm.  IDN also seems to be working to solve the same canonicalization
problems that we'll need to solve for newsgroup names.  Excellent.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>