Re: Locating RFC [2]822 headers

2001-09-20 07:41:06

At 10:25 AM 9/20/01 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> - to have a way to find if there is an existing header that serves some
> given purpose.

Problem is, absent good design review and an agreed-on specification,
reuse of existing fields can cause interoperability problems.
Precedence, Priority, and Return-Receipt-To are all examples.

I agree... my own interest has been for headers defined in standards-track or putative standards-track specifications. (Although I acknowledge that there is also interest in a less strictly controlled collection of defined headers.)

#g

<Graham(_dot_)Klyne(_at_)Baltimore(_dot_)com>    <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
                                <http://www.baltimore.com>