Re: Locating RFC [2]822 headers

2001-09-26 03:55:39

At 02:06 PM 9/25/01 +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:
>I agree with the need to publically discuss and vett new fields before they
>are widely implemented. I'm not sure about the idea of accepting registrations
>in advance of approval, and having them lapse if not approved.

Well there are precedents for IANA to do that sort of thing. But it is a
matter that can best be discussed when someone has placed a draft in front of
us. I believe the man who originally set this going has some plan to do
that.

Yup... watch this space:  I've got something nearly ready to ship.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

#g

<Graham(_dot_)Klyne(_at_)Baltimore(_dot_)com>    <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
                                <http://www.baltimore.com>