Re: Locating RFC [2]822 headers

2001-09-26 10:38:51

Are you really sure of this? English is a rich language.
See for example the following header field names:
Obsoletes/Replaces/Supersedes, which all are variants
of the same thing.

right, but the meanings are subtly different.

and then there are fields like Priority which have conflicting
implementations, and which get confused with Importance and Precedence.

I suppose the main thing I'd like to discourage in the future is the
casual use of simple English words for field names, because such field
names appear legitimate (when they're not) and seem to obvious meanings
(when they don't).

Keith