Re: Locating RFC [2]822 headers

2001-09-19 08:37:38

Graham,

Thanks for raising this. I had a task something like this on my work queue from, perhaps, a year ago. sigh.

On the other hand, I had only thought of documenting a procedure; you have suggested a larger task that is, really, a header cleanup project.

However, casting the approach as an extension to DRUMS work seems like the right thing to do. That would justify having a document that repeats the definitions found in earlier documents, since DRUMS is about coalescing, as well as clarifying and fixing. It does mean that we would be required to go over, and modify, RFC2076 carefully and achieve rough consensus on it.

The standards status of the result should be the same the same track as 2822.

d/