Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-01-31 08:26:07

p.s. I'd also prefer "header fields" to "headers".  The header is the
structure at the beginning of an email message (NNTP message,
HTTP message, whatever), and it is composed of zero or more fields.

That is indeed the terminology defined in RFC 2822, but it is NOT the
terminology used in common parlance throughout Usenet and other places.

Since the usefor draft is being revised, perhaps it affords an
opportunity to migrate toward more uniform terminology?

Keith