Re: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

mail implementors. You can report interoperability problems there.

Barry Leiba writes:
More importantly, we see inconsistent usage of the "References" and
"In-Reply-To" fields in three different MUAs (two of which are even made by
the same company, the Windows and Mac versions of Eudora), and we see this
inconsistent usage's effect on a fourth MUA.

I wrote http://cr.yp.to/immhf.html to document what actually goes on in
the real world. In particular, http://cr.yp.to/immhf/thread.html covers
the interoperability problems you're talking about. It recommends a fix
in the message writer, and another fix in the message reader.

Similarly, http://cr.yp.to/immhf/index.html is the most comprehensive
published list of field names. It has several pointers to additional
information. If you have a new name, let me know; I'll add it to the
list. You don't need approval from control freaks like Keith.

---Dan