Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-03 17:42:27

People often say header, but my assumption was "header" was
meant as the short form of "header field".

As for fields being horizontal in some sense, maybe in databases, but
not in protocols. An IP header has a number of fields, and an RFC2822
header has a number of fields. Pretty clear and conistent, IMHO. I'd
vote for the rfc2822 vocabularly, colloquial usage is too vague.

Sam