Re: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-03 15:55:31

On 2/3/02 at 4:28 PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

Would it not be better to register everything, but to tag each entry with its degree of support.

no, I don't think so. I think we should tag each entry with its degree of support, but that doesn't mean we should register everything.

What is the harm in registering everything so long as it is labeled as "Came from God's mouth" or "Stupidest idea since square wheels; do not implement" or "No current consensus on what the heck this thing is"? I've seen repeated historical harm in not doing so (i.e., headers which are widely used for which no one has the token). Is there any evidence of harm in the future?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102