Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-07 22:33:35

On 2/7/02 at 8:21 AM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

again, I don't think pulling the plug is the right mechanism.

nothing should go in the registry without public comment and explicit approval.

I gave a long argument as to why this accomplishes exactly the opposite of what you say you want. Prior approval *causes* deployment of bad mechanisms without ever documenting them. Easy registration (with later comments or plug pulling) *prevents* widespread deployment of bad mechanisms. Would you care to comment on that argument instead of simply restating your opinion that there should be prior approval?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102