Sieve

2002-06-03 18:11:39

At 01:58 PM 6/3/2002 -0400, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
The Sieve vacation draft (now expired) explicitly mandates that the
vacation response messages be sent to the envelope from address
("Return-path").  In practice, we haven't had any complaints about
this behavior.

I suspect you haven't been sampling adequately. Most of the people I know are quite irritated with getting such notices, unless they have explicitly cited the recipient in To or CC.

At any rate, such a specification should be done as an extension to 2822, rather than as a part of sieve. The issue goes beyond split-UA interactions.

We do receive complaints about the check for the recipient's address
in the To/Cc header lines.

Complaints from whom? The people who get vacation notices when they send to a mailing list?

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.850.1850