Re: [fwd] Last Call: Critical Content MIME Parameter to Proposed Standard

2002-06-10 12:29:26

On 6/10/02 at 3:13 PM -0400, Keith Moore wrote:

Personally, I think it's a mess.

Care to elaborate on this? I've been at least peeking in on this work and it seems relatively innocuous to me: Most MUAs will ignore this stuff, and it provides a piece of information to a specialized set of gateways and MUAs. What's the problem?

(there's something terribly wrong if the VPIM working group can make updates to mainstream email protocols without explicit review from the mainstream folks)

Uh...what makes you think it's not getting explicit review? It got a last call. VPIM is no big secret.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102