Re: MIME boundary strings

2002-08-22 04:20:15

That's one possible strategy. There are three that I know of:

a) if using quoted-printable, quote something.
b) if using format=flowed, rewrap differently
c) if nothing else helps, use base64 for that body-part

Basically, the boundary strings should be treated like "From " or ".". A good MUA avoids those strings at the beginnings of lines. IMO, avoiding n strings isn't harder than avoiding 2.

A good MUA also quotes properly, which I can't right now ;) Sorry about that.

--Arnt