Re: RFC 2047 and gatewaying

2003-01-13 05:12:32

In <yladi8brdc(_dot_)fsf(_at_)windlord(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu> Russ Allbery
<rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu> writes:

For what it's worth, I agree with this.  I think that this is the best way
to move forward in the long term.  However, client authors don't seem to
be rushing in this direction, and it's unclear to me how best to encourage
them.  I also am a bit at a loss as to how best to handle these issues in
the short to medium term before all of the client authors have updated
their software.

It's a chicken and egg problem. People who care about using the new
features will ensure that suitable clients are made available. As those
clients become available, more people will start using them.

Indeed, comcerned users are already experimenting. The newsgroup
dk.test.utf-æøå is where you will find them.

Email: chl(_at_)clw(_dot_)cs(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Snail: 5
Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.