Re: UTF-8 over RFC 2047 (Re: Call for Usefor to recharter)

2003-01-14 16:08:43

Russ,

Russ> Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com> writes:

Russ> I think you're badly misunderstanding my point.  I'm on your side.  :)

damn.  i thought we were working on a really good disagreement.

Russ> My point is that just putting "use UTF-8" in a standard doesn't actually
Russ> solve any problems, nor does it cause people to switch all their
Russ> unlabelled 8-bit content over to UTF-8.

indeed, all this is an exact echo of the 'just use binary' arguments
from 10 years ago, for MIME vs. 8-bit SMTP.

d/
--
 Dave <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
 t +1.408.246.8253; f +1.408.850.1850