Re: RFC 2231 and CFWS

2003-01-22 15:26:49

So, prior to 2231, a parameter can be

    ()token()=()token()
or  ()token()=()"quoted-string"()

Under 2231, we can also have an asterisk, possibly followed by DIGITS,
between the token and the '='. So are they to be considerd as an
appendage to the token, or as a prependage to the "=" or, IOW, where
may I put () amongst them?

they are part of the token that is the parameter name.  no, you may not
put comments in the middle of the parameter name.

Also, I presume that the charset and language form can have () before
and after, but nowhere in the middle, as in

nope, you cannot have white space in the middle of the parameter.

good questions though.

--
I tried enlightenment but it kept crashing.