RE: I-D ACTION:draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt

2003-02-06 13:53:35

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, David Barr wrote:
...I think now most of us realize
that Usenet is dying almost entirely because of its innate nature, not of
any feature or improvement now on the table.

Some of us don't think it's dying at all.  Changing, yes, and becoming
less important than it was, but not dying.

(Aren't mailing lists dying at a rate at least as high as Usenet, too?)

"Why look, yet another technology dying out on an upward curve."  Sure
doesn't look that way to me.

I also think your Milestones are almost an order of magnitude too
aggressive.  I've never heard of any group spitting out a finished draft in
a month, especially not one as complex and subjective as that for Usenet.

As I've said elsewhere, the hidden agenda here is clearly to just adopt
the Usefor draft, change the things that the proposers don't like, and do
a bit of straightforward editing to cover up the scene of the crime.

                                                          Henry Spencer

henry(_at_)spsystems(_dot_)net