Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt

2003-02-14 12:07:25

Charles Lindsey wrote:

Those who are opposing us seem to be from the IETF "establishment".
I reckon that we are nearer to the "grass roots". However, ultimately it
is the IETF that get to decide :-( .

This has to win the prize for unintentional humor.  This is an IETF
working group, ostensibly working on a Standards Track IETF RFC,
the draft of which even has "ietf" in its name.  The IETF isn't
opposing the IETF WG, it's telling Charles that his attempts to
waylay the Group and ignore IETF procees are ill-advised.

Hmm, "grass roots" -- yep, that fits with "lower than a snake's belly",
but of course that doesn't apply to the *entire* WG.