Re: RFC 2231 and CFWS

2003-02-07 09:22:04

Charles Lindsey wrote:
In
<HM7/6kReT8NlueIBLhqZOg(_dot_)md5(_at_)melkebalanse(_dot_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no>
 Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt(_at_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no> writes:

None of the registered names has *any* single quotes or percent signs.

And do _you_ think that will change? Does anyone here?

No, practically speaking it won't. But according to the RFCs it _could_.
Therefore anybody who wants to write an anal-retentively correct parser
for RFC 2231 parameters has to allow for that possibility. And it is
actually hard work - you need an arbitrary lookahead faciltiy, or full
backtracking capability.

Would you care to provide a proof to support your claim that arbitrary
lookahead or full backtracking are required?

I suppose we can expect that about the same time as you provide
citations for the email RFCs which you claimed encourage reordering
of header fields...