Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

2003-10-27 12:19:24

[recipient list trimmed to what I hope is a reasonable subset]

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Keith Moore wrote:
Thanks for taking a stab at a problem statement.  I'd like to drill
down on this just a bit.
What is the source of the "growing need"?  Is it:
[snip]

I agree that this needs to be stated, but someone other than me will
have to do it.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer.  I intended the question for
everyone, not just you.

I do suspect that the shape of the solution looks very different
depending on how a person defines the problem, and in particular,
on his beliefs about the "growing need".

Keith