Re: comments: draft-moore-auto-email-response-04.txt

2003-10-28 09:50:11

- I can't see the main goal of this draft. Is it a BCP "how to write
  a correct autoresponder" or is it mainly a proposal for a new
  2822 header field to standardise autoresponder communication. Or
  is it both (IMHO a good idea)

Shall we say it started out as a BCP, which then grew small
prescriptive leanings in the form of the "auto" prefix and
auto-submitted?

you could say that, but I don't think it would be accurate.  the
document has always been about protocols, and it has always been
intended to affect running code, even if it wasn't so much specifying
data formats.