I've created an -04 based on the additional comments received in the
past few days.
Changes from -03 to -04:
* Clarified and made consistent treatment of signature separator lines.
* Fixes to ABNF.
* Reworded section on digital signatures and encryption.
* Noted meaning of "paragraph".
The updated text is available at
Changes from -02 to -03:
* Added mention of quoting to Abstract and Introduction.
* Deleted line analysis table.
* Added MUST NOT for OpenPGP and SHOULD for OpenPGP-MIME.
* Replaced ABNF rules to remove ambiguity
* Added note that c-t-e is irrelevant to flowed text processing
* Added text indicating that end of data terminates a paragraph
* Moved sig-sep out of fixed-line ABNF
* Changed some SHOULDs to MUSTs (space-stuffing, quoted paragraphs)
* Added note to ABNF that space and ">" are encoded according to charset
* Mentioned exceptions in section on interpreting
* Moved section on interpreting before section on generating.
* Reworded non-normative "should"s.
Opinions are personal; facts are suspect; I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Frequently, people can tell you they've read a book and
liked it, but they can't tell you why. We don't want the
reader to have to do the hard work of figuring that out.
--Duncan Smith, creator of NoveList.