Format=Flowed/RFC 2646 Bis (-04)

2003-11-18 16:38:39

I've created an -04 based on the additional comments received in the past few days.

Changes from -03 to -04:

* Clarified and made consistent treatment of signature separator lines.
* Fixes to ABNF.
* Reworded section on digital signatures and encryption.
* Noted meaning of "paragraph".

The updated text is available at <ftp://ftp.pensive.org/Public/Randy/draft-gellens-format-bis-04.txt>

Changes from -02 to -03:

* Added mention of quoting to Abstract and Introduction.
* Deleted line analysis table.
* Added MUST NOT for OpenPGP and SHOULD for OpenPGP-MIME.
* Replaced ABNF rules to remove ambiguity
* Added note that c-t-e is irrelevant to flowed text processing
* Added text indicating that end of data terminates a paragraph
* Moved sig-sep out of fixed-line ABNF
* Changed some SHOULDs to MUSTs (space-stuffing, quoted paragraphs)
* Added note to ABNF that space and ">" are encoded according to charset
* Mentioned exceptions in section on interpreting
* Moved section on interpreting before section on generating.
* Reworded non-normative "should"s.

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------