Re: ***SPAM-3*** Re: Format=Flowed/RFC 2646 Bis (-04)

2003-12-05 07:13:06

In <ilur7zkfuek(_dot_)fsf(_at_)latte(_dot_)josefsson(_dot_)org> Simon Josefsson
<simon+ietf-822(_at_)josefsson(_dot_)org> writes:

Has anyone collected test vectors for format=flowed?  Considering the
amount of buggy implementations, I believe it would be useful to have
these available.  I'm writing a test harness for my implementation, so
I'd appreciate any pointers to existing test vectors I could adopt.

To give one (to me) problematic example, how to render this:

foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
foo

foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
bar

Opera rendered it (no extra '>'s added) as

--------------------------

foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
foo
  foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
bar

Thanks,
Simon

I have left the trailing spaces in, because this message is not
format=flowed, so you SHOULD NOT be reflowing it.

Email: chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave,
CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.