RFC validation samples?

2004-08-04 19:56:03

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list. I've started implementing a mail header
scanner/parser which will eventually be released under the GPL, as
part of a wider mail classification package I'm working on (homepage
on sourceforge: http://dbacl.sourceforge.net).

I'm really a newby on mail headers, but I've come across some
discrepancies in the RFC2821/RFC2822 grammars which led me to this
group. My current subgoal is to validate each header line separately
according to the four standards 821/288/2821/2822 and any other
relevant ones. So each header line will be marked by all the standards
which apply.

What I would like to know is if there are any publicly available
validation sample messages which I can use to check correctness of my
parser.  Apologies if this has been discussed on the list before, I
have only skimmed the archives. Any other comments and pointers welcome.

Regards,
--
Laird Breyer.