Re: RFC validation samples?

2004-08-05 21:05:44

On Aug 05 2004, Bruce Lilly wrote:
Laird Breyer wrote:

Is your code/library thread safe?

It is intentionally and necessarily reentrant.

The incompatibilities are actually a possible "feature".  For
instance, would it be reasonable to expect that a message, none of
whose Received: lines follow 2821 correctly, hasn't passed through an
internet SMTP server? I.e. I'm assuming that the majority of internet
SMTP servers are RFC 821/2821 compliant and follow the grammars therein
correctly.

Bad assumption. There exist servers using software from a certain
vendor which generate Received field content which is not legal per
any of RFCs 821, 822, 2821, or 2822; for example:

         Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:13:25 -0700

Is this format known to be fairly stable (ie using from,by,with etc. as
delimiters?) If so, it could form the basis for an extra "Anti-RFC" format ;)
I'd better get to writing more code...

--
Laird Breyer.