Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt]

2004-09-13 09:07:21

* Is the user a member of the mailing list to which they sent the mail?

  The mailing list manager can answer this question itself in some
  circumstances (skipping the problem of people subscribed under
  different addresses than they send mail, which is uncommon in the
  situations where I see this the most, but which is a tricky problem
  when it happens).  However, it doesn't really have anywhere to *put*
  that information for the use of MUAs.

Well there are at least three places it could put information to help a
subsequent MUA:
no, no, and no.  lists have no business setting headers that are intended
for the message author.