Re: Locating forwarded messages

2004-10-05 10:27:45

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Grant Baillie wrote:

I have a question (and some rambling possible answers) about forwarding
messages, in the following sense (from rfc 2822): [snip]

One possibility might be to set References and not In-Reply-To. It's not clear
to me whether or not users would find this surprising, since it would lead to
their forwarded message being part of the originals' thread trees.

I would find this useful, and I wich MUAs did it.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MULL OF KINTYRE TO ARDNAMURCHAN POINT: WEST VEERING NORTHWEST 6 TO GALE 8,