Re: MHTML: cid href to message/rfc822 in multipart/related

2004-12-27 04:22:31

At 16.45 +0530 04-12-23, Hari Krishna Pammi pammi wrote:
In any case, my requirement is that when I click on the link (  a
href= "cid:<content-id of a message/rfc822>") I want the attachment
mail message with the same content-id to be show as another email
message itself in the MUA itself.

That sounds reasonable, but getting the major email vendors
to do what you think they should do is not so easy.
Sometimes, if you succeed in persuading one major vendor,
like Microsoft or Mozilla, other vendors will follow up. In
the case of Mozilla mail, you will have to implement the
added functionality and get it accepted as an augmentation
of the public source code for Mozilla.

Have you tried with multipart/digest? It might work and do
what you want to do. But probably not.
--
Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/