Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-00.txt

2005-02-18 01:14:39

"http://www.w3.org/mid/0I5U00G08DFGCR(_at_)mailsj-v1(_dot_)corp(_dot_)adobe(_dot_)com",
>    containing the message id
"0I5U00G08DFGCR(_at_)mailsj-v1(_dot_)corp(_dot_)adobe(_dot_)com",
>    is redirected to the URI of this message in the W3C mailing-list
>    archive at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2004Oct/0017.html.
>
>implies that

>is legal but

>   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2004Oct/0017.html>
>
>etc. are not legal.

Thanks for pointing this out. I changed the definition to:

archived-at = "Archived-At:" *WSP '<' URI '>' CRLF ; URI not empty

(and similar for obs-archived-at), because that's what was intended.
No whitespace after the colon looks really weird, but I don't care
about comments.

>Concerning that example, please note that a message identifier (RFC 2822)
>includes angle brackets; i.e. the message id is presumably
>"<0I5U00G08DFGCR(_at_)mailsj-v1(_dot_)corp(_dot_)adobe(_dot_)com>".  When
using mid
>schemes or conversions which implicitly involve msg-id to mid or
>mid-like constructs, it might be advisable to note the difference in
>angle bracket inclusion and/or to refer to the mid RFC (2387) as a
>normative or informative reference.  The angle bracket issue has also
>been recently discussed on the ietf-822 list.

I have tweaked the text in a way that I hope will avoid
misunderstandings.

>Note also that RFC 2822 has provisions in the parse (obs-) syntax
>for accommodation of whitespace between the field name and the colon
>delimiter (which was allowed in earlier versions of the text message format).
>You might wish to consider whether to provide for that for parsing,
>particularly in the obs- rule for X-Archived-At.

Considered but left out. There are no X-Archived-At headers
out that have such a space, so we don't need to introduce this.

Regards,   Martin.

Regards, Martin.