Re: MTS transparency and anonymity

2005-02-27 08:35:35

I wonder how many spam filters reject blah(_at_)[](_dot_) Does anyone on the list know?

And if they do reject it, is that a bug or a feature?

Lots of bogus criteria are employed by spam filters. So I don't think we should use whether a spam filter rejects a particular kind of address as a criterion for whether or not to use that address as a token of anonymity. Spam filters have to adapt to changes in spam, they may as well adapt to changes in standards also.

More to the point, how many MTAs and UAs barf on blah(_at_)[] ?

Also I intended <anonymous(_at_)[]> as an example, not as a well-thought, concrete proposal. I literally spent about two seconds thinking about it before suggesting it. I do think it makes more sense to use a domain literal of some kind rather than a domain name that could cause DNS queries.

Keith