Re: Understanding response protocols

2005-06-01 01:08:33

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Charles Lindsey wrote:

Does it really allow you to set the Reply-To field according to the "role"?

Yes it does.

With the caveat that at present it doesn't allow multi-mailbox Reply-To's to be set. I intend to nag on the Pine list to try get that fixed.

Certainly, the intention wrt Mail-Followup-To was that users could set something like those "roles", but in a manner that generated a MFT field depedong on the "role".

Sure, I could do that.

But that's very configuration intensive. (Just as for the Reply-To solution). "I like to be copied on wide-replies" tends to be a global preference, it shouldn't need per-list configuration - just something you set once in your MUA and leave be (maybe on very rare occassions editing the header when composing an email, when it doesnt suit).

I'd still love a Foo-Copy-Me type header, much easier and clearer. But seems I wont get it. :(

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul(_at_)clubi(_dot_)ie        paul(_at_)jakma(_dot_)org
Key ID: 64A2FF6A