Re: Understanding response protocols

2005-06-09 11:10:38

On Thu June 9 2005 12:38, Keith Moore wrote:

Some MUAs (e.g. Apple's Mail.app) are even worse in that
they require you to copy and paste one address at a time.  Often you
end up having to resize and/or move the compose and mail reader windows
so that you can have the relevant portions of each on the screen at the
same time.

Frankly, this sucks dead pigs through a straw.

If it hurts, don't do it:
o Pick a better UA
o Roll your own
o Complain to the vendor

We need [...] A header to be set by the list maintainer.
Yes, but only after we get MUAs to improve their UIs.

Blocked by too much cruft in the message header, leading to UA developers
who understandably by default hide most header fields.  Note that the
proposed change will make that underlying problem worse, not better.
[I'm working on a solution to that and some related problems, but it
will be awhile before there's a set of drafts to poke holes in, and as
with anything that involves "change the UAs", it will be a slow
evolutionary process]

There are other UI issues.  For example, how far down the legal
"look-and-feel" rathole would you like to go?