Re: Mailing List Last Call for 2822 update internet-draft

2007-07-26 02:14:46

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Tony Hansen wrote:
This is a "formal" Mailing List Last Call on
draft-resnick-2822upd-02.txt. The last call will last for two weeks
time, ending on August 10, 2007.

In section 3.6.4, I suggest that we mention the idea that a software vendor
can use their domain name when generating message IDs.  For example, change
this:

"  Though other algorithms will work, it is RECOMMENDED that the right
"  hand side contain some domain identifier (either of the host itself
"  or otherwise) such that the generator of the message identifier can
"  guarantee the uniqueness of the left hand side within the scope of
"  that domain.

to this:

   It is RECOMMENDED that the right hand side contain a domain
   identifier of an entity that guarantees the uniqueness of the left
   hand side within the scope of that domain (for example, the domain
   name of the host itself, or a domain name controlled by the vendor of
   the software that generates the left hand side).

In section 4.3, why does obs-zone have [CFWS] between the sign and the
digits of the timezone offset?  Such space was not permitted by earlier
specifications.

--apb (Alan Barrett)