Re: quoted-pair in dcontent / Space after colon (Was: New 2822upd-04 - obs-NO-WS-CTL)

2008-01-24 05:35:44

Tony Hansen <tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com>
Requiring a SP character after the : is a non-starter for me. I've used a
number of systems that use TAB instead of SP; they're still out there and
should not be considered invalid.

I am persuaded by this argument.

FWIW, I was postmaster/listmaster/more at a Zmailer site for many
years and have sent umpty million colon-tab messages. It attracted
more than its fair share of problems, and I wouldn't recommend doing
it. But I agree: There is longstanding minority usage of colon-tab and
so it should not be disallowed now. Gateways just need to cope as they
always have.

Arnt