Re: Intent to revive "expires" header from draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-15

2008-07-29 20:44:38

Hector Santos wrote:
Thanks Ned for your X.4xx review here.

I agree, when it comes to gateway transformations lacking a 1 to 1 map, there are things that require a design decision. Sometimes you have no choice but to follow the side, the rules, of the end-gate.

that's insane. we might or might not be able to get people to do things well, but we absolutely do not have to propagate bad decisions made in the past. herd mentality has no place in engineering.

IMHO, we're better off without a standard Expires header than with one that would have the effect (intended or otherwise) of having such messages be deleted without recipients' consent.

Keith