Re: [ietf-822] We need a DKIM Policy Working Group

2014-04-30 13:27:10
Hi Hector,
At 11:10 30-04-2014, Hector Santos wrote:
If you are talking about a resigner kludge that could bypass policy, then I am against that. Any solution must be permission based. I believe that may have been your first design assumption.

I suggest spinning up a DKIM POLICY working group to begin updating:

     RFC5016 Requirements for a DKIM Signing Practices Protocol
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5016

We need to revisit and reconfirm what are the possible policies. What predictably started this mess was the last minute inclusion of section 5.3, item 10:

The steps for setting up such a working group would be:

  1. Someone writes a draft charter

  2. A group of people agree to that draft charter

  3. Contact relevant Area Director for next steps

I would not volunteer to write the draft charter as I don't want that headache.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy