Re: [ietf-822] utf8 messages

2014-08-12 11:09:01
On Tuesday, 12 August 2014 16:54:30 CEST, Ned Freed wrote:
Or are you saying it would be fine for us to have such a header, but not to
leak it?

It's one thing to manifest such a marker in your IMAP store as a header. People have been exposing various sorts of store metadata that way for years, and it
seems to have been Mostly Harmless.

I'm afraid that once these headers show up in GMail, these will become a de-facto standard.

I don't have a horse in this race -- but I have seen what happens when a major player does something non-standard and people assume that it must've been the correct thing.

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/